Specialised distribution networks and warehousing catering to stringent healthcare requirements
DB Schenker is uniquely positioned to assist our healthcare clients by providing innovative, tailor-made, high quality services that support our customers’ product-specific requirements.
Our clients include some of the world’s leading multi-national healthcare companies and global pharmaceutical brands. In particular we specialise in the provision of transportation and logistics services to the medical devices and pharmaceutical sectors. We offer both these products highly specialised international transportation networks and secured warehouses via our extensive global network and range of services.
DB Schenker’s rapidly evolving healthcare logistics services provide our customers with a fully integrated healthcare logistics offering, backed by global experience gained in addressing the sector’s supply chain challenges. We provide:
- Global coverage and full visibility (part by part and by batch);
- Quality programmes;
- Licensed & regulated facilities;
- Dedicated and qualified staff (GDP trained, FLEX, SME);
- Specialised facilities and capabilities such as:
- value added services;
- GMP activities;
- special handling & monitoring;
- cold chain;
- order management.
- Integrated and end-to-end healthcare services (warehousing & transport).
We combine our recognisable global strengths, process improvements and experience in healthcare logistics solutions to improve the entire time-critical and costly supply chain. Our core services include:
- A global network for air, ocean, land, rail freight and contract logistics;
- Quality certificates (QEHS/ISO, TAPA, C-TPAT);
- Cold chain solutions (i.e. chilled room, GPS equipped ocean containers);
- Security solutions (CCTV, security guards, alarm system & access control);
- Key healthcare certificates (ISO, GDP, GMP);
- Healthcare approved facilities for warehousing;
- Track & trace possibility and end-to-end traceability.
On a global level DB Schenker offers five standard healthcare products:
- Production VMI;
- Inbound logistics;
- Finished goods fulfilment;
- Spares logistics;
- Reverse logistics.
Our commitment to maintaining the highest standard of services to our healthcare customers motivates us to constantly improve our standards and ensure compliance with healthcare regulations. Our systems are accredited by ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management; ISO 14001 Environmental Management and OSHAS 18001 Health and Safety.