Innovative logistics solutions that serve the oil & gas industry
DB Schenker South Africa is ideally located to partner with oil and gas clients in all the major oil and gas regions in Sub-Saharan Africa. Our dedicated global transport network and teams of experienced specialists around the world add value to our customers’ supply chains – whether it’s through our customs brokerage operation, experience with regulatory agencies or IT interface. By removing the complexity from the execution of our clients’ oil and gas logistics projects, we are able to customise and streamline the process to ensure on-time project completion.
The logistics requirements of our South African oil & gas industry clients are addressed by utilising state-of-the-art facilities in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
Our global logistics capabilities are supported by bases in Houston (USA), Aberdeen (UK), Stavanger (Norway), Paris (France), Dubai (UAE), Cape Town (RSA) and Singapore.
Our key logistics and transport services to oil & gas customers include:
- A global network with dedicated hubs;
- Regional hubs with warehouse facilities;
- Integrated ocean and airfreight (door-to-door);
- Customs brokerage;
- Order processing and master list management;
- Heavy lift and out of gauge expertise;
- State-of-the-art tracking and tracing;
- QSHE commitments;
- 24/7 accessibility;
- Safety (a dedicated and well-qualified Health, Safety and Environment Manager); and
- Premium security at dedicated facilities including fencing covering the entire premises and CCTV security cameras.
We utilise DB SCHENKERskybridge, our intermodal transport system, to combine the advantages of air and ocean freight and identify the best route to suit our customers timelines and budget.
As a leader and innovator in global ocean transport for over 130 years, the high quality and efficiency of DB SCHENKERocean is based on long-term contracted relationships with global carriers as well as our extensive company-owned consolidation ocean containers traveling between major markets worldwide.
- FCL and LCL services;
- Break bulk;
- Part charters and full charters (ocean and air);
- Survey and chartering of barges and tugs;
- Site surveys;
- Full time vessel hire; and
- Spot hire on voyage basis.
Our services to the global oil & gas industry further extend to project support whereby we partner with our clients to provide:
- A dedicated and highly qualified team of specialists to assist with planning, developing and organising a customised solution;
- Creative and cost-effective solutions originating in the planning stage;
- Logistics feasibility studies and consulting for onshore and offshore projects;
- Transportation analysis and freight management;
- Advice on freight policies, terms of sale freight and charter party terms;
- Coordination of transport from multiple points of manufacture and expedited services as required;
- Coordination of special transport permits for heavy and over-sized loads;
- Coordination of all inspections;
- Negotiation of special freight rates for any mode including full and part charter; and
- Oil field support, including:
- feasibility studies on new onshore and offshore prospect areas;
- management of logistics base;
- waste disposal management;
- equipment inventory;
- airport and port services (husbandry);
- chartering of barges and supply vessels; and
- procurement and quality control.